Cutest Blog Layout

Friday, November 2, 2012

Moving On



It's about that time! 

I've signed a lease.  I've paid a deposit.  I've walked in our new home deciding where to place furniture, I've started selling what needs to be downsized.  We are leaving the only home the chidren have ever known. 

But they love the new place!  The boys are excited to be sharing a room, the kitchen is larger and they are convinced that carpet (old, used and blue) is better than hard wood flooring.  I've really had to keep my attitude in check to convey to my children that this is a great new adventure that we are choosing, not something sad happening to us. 

I'm grieving a bit as I pack the belongings and remember the hopes when we moved into this home.  Also, I shake my head and can't wait to walk away from the last shared reminder of those dashed dreams.  Except for the children.  They will always connect me with my ex. 

I'm very excited about the future, very much overwhelmed with the packing and decisions, and occassionaly sad or wistful about leaving what we've known and loved so well.  I will miss the familiarity of our neighbors and the convenience of our location.  But this move is a very intentional releasing of the past and looking to the future!




7 comments:

  1. I know what you mean. I once separated and moved out of the home that we build together. It was DIFFICULT! I cried every night for quite a while. Then circumstances changed and I moved back into our home without him. Fast forward 4 years later and we have reconciled, thanks be to God, and our family is back together.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That was the miracle for which I was hoping! Now I see a different miracle unfolding. So glad to hear how the Lord brought your family back together.

      Delete
  2. I think many of us have had that feeling of dreams dashed. I hope I was as gracious in making my boys feel like it was an adventure, but I don't think so......that's a good thing you're doing for them......and you will always be connected in one way or another with the ex....

    Prayers for a future filled with joy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your thoughts ... it's going to be a rough couple of weeks!

      Delete
  3. Been there done that...I can truly say I don't regret leaving that house. It was a house and not a home; and full of a lot of bad memories..wishing you the best!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I very ready to let go, the process is just hard and I'll be glad when this stage is behind me. Thanks!

      Delete
  4. When I had moved out, I deliberately set out establishing NEW traditions for me and the kids. One of them has lasted into our family reunion...Sundays became the day when I went all out and cooked and family dinners were like dinner parties with hours of conversation. This GREATLY helped us all as we adjusted to life without Daddy. I also made it a point of duty to do an out of town day trip every month. Life is exactly what we make it.

    ReplyDelete