Cutest Blog Layout

Monday, April 7, 2014

Moody Monday

I wasn't ready for Monday to arrive this week.  We had a fantastic, but very full weekend (the past several weekends actually) and I just feel like I need some time to organize my closets, spend unhurried time with my children, putter around the kitchen, spray weeds on the back porch, etc.  There is nothing so pressing that it cannot wait, but there are things I just feel I cannot get to right now.  I'm sure I'm not the only one!

Today the rain was falling steadily and I enjoyed the last few minutes of a quiet house snuggled with my husband.  He says that I can be a grumpy sleeper who doesn't like to cuddle ... but when I'm awake and aware, I love to cozy up to him.  I admit that it is wonderful.  Thankfully, my children aren't difficult in the mornings (ususally) and we went through our routine with ease.

My job is great because it is generally low stress and fairly non-demanding. But that also makes it somewhat boring and un-challenging - hard to get motivated when I'd rather be elsewhere.  I'm sure the same is true of many positions in the workforce.  But this rainy, Monday, I wish I could have a day to myself in my space doing my own thing.

When is the last time you had the chance to do that?

No comments:

Post a Comment