Cutest Blog Layout

Thursday, July 3, 2014

TBT Stories: July 4, 2012



By the summer of 2012, Mr. Wonderful and I were convinced we wanted to spend our lives together.  We had been dating for almost a year, and our children had met each other.  I had spent time with his girls, he had spent time with my children and yet we hadn't all spent much time together as a party of seven.  This was the summer Mr. Wonderful initiated our families beginning to really function together.  Other than going out to eat and hanging out in our homes, this was our first big outing: The July 4 Celebration at World's Fair Park.  (more photos of the day on that link).

I remember carrying water and blankets onto the crowded lawn.  Once we got settled, we all chose various vendors for our meal and brought the food back to our blanket.  It was a fun, pleasant night.

It was the first of many new traditions for our blended family.  I'm glad we took the chance!  I'm thankful for the steady, intentional way Mr. Wonderful included our children in the blending of our lives.

I'm linking up with The Mom Creative and her Throwback Thursday Stories Series.

No comments:

Post a Comment