Cutest Blog Layout

Thursday, August 6, 2020

It's August and It's Weird - There is no way Around It

Like the rest of our country, I'm unsure of how to handle things this August.  My mind keeps ruminating:

Do I even go back to school clothes shopping when deep down I suspect everyone will be back home doing lessons in pajamas?  Is is smart to stock up on lunchbox items?  Do I need to make room for football games in the calendar?

I know that I am not alone in the confusion and unknowns. I console myself in the fact that we are "all in this together."  

I keep wondering if there will be anything like a daily routine.  I'm concerned about the brain fog I see and worried my kids are falling behind. 

Here is what I know: 

First, my kiddos are not done learning.  Whether we get into the classroom or learn online, their education will progress. 

Second, like every other surprise or "Plan B," God will use this to shape and direct them.  I see increases in responsibility and independence.  I believe that each will have to take more ownership of their education and I pray that some true interests emerge.

Third, socialization is necessary. While working to remain distanced and safe, we can open our circle to others who are doing the same.  Creating friend groups and ensuring weekly interactions is very important.  When too much time goes between gatherings, little hearts get lonely.

Added, the slippery slope of screen time is real and reeling it back in has been met with intense push back.  Keep those boundaries in place.

No matter how I view it, this August is just weird. There are no school meet and greets and youth activities just keep getting postponed.  So much is uncertain and it makes planning difficult.  Once again, I'm learning to hold things (my plans and schedule) loosely.
Updated to add: Our School District is currently opening two weeks late with both virtual and in person options.  The plan is ever-changing.

No comments:

Post a Comment