Cutest Blog Layout

Friday, September 10, 2021

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun!

 


Getting older has many drawbacks, but there are so many joys to share, also!  One of my favorite are the friends gathered along the way.  Lifelong friends are such a treasure and I'm so grateful for the girls who know me well.  They loved my self-centered and idealistic 20-year-old self and supported me through all the upheavals that shifted me into a more realistic and family-centered person of today. Investing in friendships, getting deep and making the effort is one of the best decisions I've made!


Over Labor Day weekend, we gathered in Texas to celebrate our friendship.  We support each other daily through texts, calls, birthday cards and individual visits.  Once a year, we try to gather in person as a group.  I love them all so much!


These are the most supportive, encouraging, wise and kind people that I know - and they know me well, weakness and strengths, failures, foibles and successes. God gave them to me as teachers and partners in the path of motherhood and marriage.

"Carry each others burdens, and in this way
You will fulfill the law of Christ."
Galatians 6:2








No comments:

Post a Comment