Cutest Blog Layout

Monday, September 26, 2011

Injury Eraser

source: http://pinterest.com/pin/187712581/
After a tumble on his bike, we applied a bandaid, loved away the minor pains and hopped back on the bike to enjoy more afternoon fun.  Randomly, my son said, "Mommy, wouldn't it be cool if there was an eraser to erase all the boo boos?" 

Source: http://pinterest.com/pin/186629133/

"Oh yes, I do.  That would be wonderful," was my reply.  He quickly moved on to other priority topics like legos, Star Wars and which swing is the best on the playground.  My mind remained on the simplistic thought of an injury eraser. 

The visual image was enticing: a wound vanishing along with the woundedness that accompanies it.  I don't want to be one of the walking wounded in this life.  My desire is to be whole, healthy fully complete. 

I feel like I'm giving my injuries time to heal, but I can't help the nagging feeling that I'm supposed to be doing something.  I'm an 'action-steps' sort girl and I wish there was a plan of action that automatically resulted in the things I desire: financial freedom, fulfilling parenting and career path, social events to attend but enough solituee interspersed for my melancholy nature to muse a bit.  Am I asking too much?  This single adult life still feels a bit akward and I wish for a tangile role model or mentor.

How do you heal in the midst of real life?

1 comment:

  1. Learning to sit still is really hard, but sometimes, the best cure.

    ReplyDelete