Cutest Blog Layout

Friday, August 14, 2015

Links and Life Lately

Source
Life has shifted into the the demands of a more structured school calendar and once again we are experiencing transition.  My firstborn began middle school with great expectations and then great trepidation.  He is hanging in there, but it's been a rough week.  I'm grateful that the elementary school kiddos are loving their classes and teachers.  The contrast has made me grateful for a cozy community school for them.

One step daughter is content beginning her junior year and anticipating her Sweet Sixteen birthday.  I'm excited for her as she continues to mature and bloom.  We only have one more week before taking our oldest to her university dorm.  The freshmen "essentials" are growing in a pile and soon she will be officially launched.  She's had a lovely and unique summer to savor, her presence will be greatly missed in our home.

Since I haven't been able to share too many of my own thoughts, here are some links I've enjoyed lately.  May your weekend be restful.

Perhaps because I adore words, I have also loved the concept of languages and dialects.  This infographic facinates me!
The Worlds's Most Spoken Languages

I've noticed in myself a difficulty focusing on longer passage of the written word - and I've read tomes in my lifetime!  So this article explaining Why We Can't Read Anymore was on target.  I'm considering how I may implement some of the challenges.

Self Care That Satisfies - I've been big on self care for years now, and encourage everyone to learn what builds your spirit.

I'd love to hear what you're reading in the comments!


No comments:

Post a Comment