Monday, April 4, 2016
Five Unique Needs of Children in a Blended Family
1. Security that your marriage will last, but so will your bond with each child. (More Here)
2. Honor the original bonds while nurturing new connections. (More Here)
3. A culture of peace and respect. (More Here)
4. Permission to express true feelings, but boundaries on complaint sessions.
5. Freedom to love the "other" part of their family.
Bonus: Unscheduled Time and Rest
I would so value hearing from others in mixed/blended/non-traditional family dynamics. What do you see as vital needs for the children and teens of these relationships?
More Thoughts on Blended Family Life:
(Step) Family Table
Mine, Yours, Ours, What?
Stepping in the Mess