Cutest Blog Layout

Monday, March 16, 2020

Here We Are


Like many in the world today, our schedule has been upended and there are many unknowns about the future.  Spring break turned from a trip to Washington DC to ... honestly, I'm not sure how we spend our time.  It certainly won't be an exciting adventure.  It will be a season of much togetherness.

We are reaching out to those who might need some extra help.  I've asked my children to let their friends know we have food if anyone needs a bit extra.  We have reached out to our retired neighbors to make sure they have what they need, too.  I let my church know I could run errands for those who could not.  I feel the need to do more, yet I must trust God will continue to fill in those gaps where we fall short.

The good part is that uncertainty shines a light on what is truly important: faith. family. caring for others in tangible ways. I don't even know pretend to know how things will unfold and my human heart gets fearful when I think of those I love who could be devastated by Covid-19.  May my trust be in our God for whom there are no surprises.

So while I can, I'm loving on those in my home.  I'm doing the deepest spring clean that has happened in years!  I'm touching base with my neighbors to make sure they have their needs.  We are remembering God's promises of peace. May you be blessed with the same sense of calm and peace.

Here are some ideas and encouragement from those who say it much better than I do:

This song really hits home.

A Lazy Genius Survival Guide

Don't Forget This Sweet Side Effect of Gratitude.

Practical Tips for Working From Home: Small Things Blog

Let's all keep checking on each other, alright?

No comments:

Post a Comment