Cutest Blog Layout

Tuesday, June 30, 2020

A Time to Rest

We made our annual trip to Hilton Head Island and enjoyed a fabulous vacation.  As always, the rest from schedule and responsibility was needed more than we realized.  This year we had a more down time than ever and enjoyed lengthy days at the beach, family games, evenings at home and few outings.  It was so nice to just relax and enjoy being together.

They still spend many hours just playing in the sand.
 It seems like a throw back to simple childhood.

The guys heading out for a fishing trip.



A serious fisherman.
Success - caught a shark!



Mr. Wonderful caught a big one!
All smiles in the pool.



We have three dogs, but only one gets to travel with us.  Sweet Sonny.

Love my Man!
Card games - Uno!



Day trip to Savannah - I love the mystique of this city which is so different
from anywhere I have lived.

I am so thankful for the smiles and laughter.

My girlie
Beach Nights



My guys.

Harbor Town

He loves the seafood.

Being a mom is the very best thing!


Isn't she cute?

Carefree moments

Sipping on the beach - what a gift to relax!




This was a huge gator!
More Wildlife






Heading home. It's always nice to get back to our own bed. 
We really missed our older girls this year - it's the first time they weren't able to be with us at all on vacation.  I'm sure that Mr. Wonderful felt their absence, especially.  That's the thing about family life, even the traditions change.  I'm learning more and more to go with the flow of what life brings and what is possible.  It's so much better than spending time fighting for expectations or struggling with what I cannot control.  It's been a good year to remember this.

1 comment: