Cutest Blog Layout

Tuesday, October 6, 2020

Hi, Friends - It's Fall Which is Fine by Me.

It's certainly been a year of the unexpected, right?  I'm sure the same is true for you.  Once again, God keeps helping me learn to hold my plans loosely and keep my hands open for the ways He sees best to fill my hands. He always provides, often not in the ways I think it will come to pass.

It's officially fall. Here where I live, we are enjoying brisk weather with sunshine and October blue skies. It's nice to enough to still spend time outdoors and I'm taking advantage as much as possible. 

Our schedule, and the unplanned interruptions (like car repairs, emergency dental trips and unplanned home maintenance) is especially full these days.  I miss the days when my children were younger and once school was done in the mid-afternoon, we were all home together for the rest of the day.  They have so little free time and sharing it with another home means there are only brief snippets of togetherness right now.  I'm feeling a bit nostalgic for simpler days now that my children are in the teen years.  Everyone told me...but I had to experience it to understand the busy schedules, preference for peers and the independence that emerges during this time.  

I have a few things I'd like to accomplish in October - they are relationship goals that include time with the people I love.  Otherwise, I'm trying to keep things as stress free as possible.  

I hope your Fall is off to a sweet and simple beginning, with much joy to fill the days.


No comments:

Post a Comment