Cutest Blog Layout

Monday, February 20, 2012

Perfectly Flawed

This is just about as good as things get in my room - and I'm far from it today!
Sunday night around 7 pm I checked my children's backpack for the first time all weekend.  I discovered that we were supposed to have a bag of cotton balls and more glue sticks for school ... today.  Oooops.  There are piles of laundry to be folded and delivered, the floors have been swept, but there are sticky spots which need mopping and I keep finding dishes throughout my house that didn't make it into the dish washer.  We still have Valentine decor here and there and it just seems there aren't enough hours in the day.  And yet, it seems like others have this all together, already.   Am I going to be the only one who doesn't get the cotton balls and glue sticks to school on time?

So I'm reminded once again that the myth of perfection is just that - pure fiction.  Our home has crumbs and piles of laundry, the beds are made by little people which means wrinkles are the norm.  The counters have toothpaste from this morning's rush out the doors and we didn't get the breakfast mess cleaned up.  And if you visit the little walk-in closet, you will witness about twenty projects waiting to be completed. 

I'm glad to know that it doesn't have to be perfect to be great, or beautiful or even wonderful.  Whatever I can do will be enough.  Living with imperfection is the norm for all of us.  What's the most imperfect spot of your home today?

Linking up with others at The Nesting Place.

6 comments:

  1. Beautifully said not everything needs to be perfect. The most imperfect spot in my house today is the kitchen. Looks like a bomb went off but it will only take a few minutes to tidy up to look decent.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG- it would probably be easier to tell you a perfect spot. Wait nope there isn't one. I had a complete meltdown last night cos as a full time working mum I have no idea where people are getting the energy to fit it all in. There are people out there doing it- I am just not one of them. Then I got up this morning to be told that my other half had emptied the dishwasher, put a load of washing on and walked the dog. He looked very proud of himself and I know I was supposed to feel better but for some reason I just wanted to kill him. Sorry for highjacking you post- it just struck a cord.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My children's study tables have study notes and exam papers from the two previous terms. Now not even a pencil will fit in anymore.

    We have tons of clothes lying on a chair that need to be folded. Why can't kids wear the same clothes for a week? :)

    Being a mom is like managing a

    ReplyDelete
  4. những bài viết thật ý nghĩa.thank.http://gxphugiao.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I feel like my messiest room is always the laundry room. No matter how many hours I dedicate to the laundry there is always a load in the dryer that doesn't get folded and put away or they are clean, but not folded. It is also a room to put all of my "to do" things so the top of my dryer gets quite cluttered.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Don't you love not being perfect? I do!! I'm your newest imperfect follower-stop by for a visit!!

    ReplyDelete