Cutest Blog Layout

Monday, February 2, 2015

Saving My Life Right Now

Many times we grumble about what isn't working, what is frustrating us and what might be driving me nuts!  But today I joining in a challenge to share what IS working for me - What is saving my life right now:

image via: pinterest 
1. Meal Planning - it might sound like a chore, but having the weekly menu on the fridge saves my sanity.  I resent hearing "What's for dinner?" from the crowd at my house for whom that seems to be the question of the day.  Somehow, being asked that as if I exist only to cater to each individual appetite, but when the menu is posted, the question stops.  I begin the week knowing I'm armed with all the ingredients needed and no last minute trips to the store will be necessary.  I feel on top of it!

Via: Glamour
2. The glammed up ponytail - sleek and simple,but most of all QUICK. Giving myself permission to embrace a simple pulled back style has been lifesaving.  Learning to bump the front and style it with a bit of sass has been mood boosting.  The fact that my husband loves it - bonus!  I

3.  Getting outdoors - The winter season inhibits my sunshine and affects my mood way more than I realized in the past.  On days that the sun is shining, I make it a point to get outside for at least a half hour and I always notice a bump in mood and energy.  Now, we just need fewer gray days!

4. Black, white and a closet cleanup - I get fatigued by making decisions every moment of the day and getting dressed is an area in which I can simplify the choices.  Over the past year my husband spoiled me with a few trips to "The Market" and my wardrobe is much more streamlined.  I've eliminated most of what I do not love and doesn't feel great from my closet (shoes included) and I'm looking forward to another purge in April.

5. Asking for Help - I've been more proactive about requiring help in the kitchen, around the house and with things that benefit the whole family.  I'm not sure the rest of the crew shares my relief, but expressing that I'm weary and letting the process go to the teens or even the little ones has been a big relief.  Thank you, family, for stepping up even when it's not always fun.

I won't even begin talk about what isn't working: bedtime, the scale, laundry routine?  Today is for acknowledging what going right!  What's saving your life right now?

No comments:

Post a Comment