Cutest Blog Layout

Monday, October 10, 2011

A First Date

Life just got a bit more interesting.

From out of the blue, I was approached by a friend who asked if he could give my number to another friend. That’s right: first date after divorce, first blind date ever.

I felt safe because I trusted the person who recommended his friend. When the man called, we talked for a half hour or so and the conversation flowed without too much strain. We agreed to meet at a public place and I had a limited window of time. He was recently divorced as well, so I knew we had the commraderie of shared experience.

So how did it go? He called the same day to ask me on a ‘real’ date, so I think we were successful. There were awkward moments at the start. Are we supposed to shake hands? He was tall and clean cut which I find attractive. We didn’t have any trouble talking together and was kind to the waitress and others. I confess to feeling a bit intoxicated by the attention!  I may or may not have a full blown mid-life crush going on.

2 comments: