Cutest Blog Layout

Tuesday, November 7, 2017

A New Standard for Good Day

This day did not unfold quite as I thought: nothing went wrong, everything just took longer than I planned, and I already planned with margin.  But at the end of the day, I kept feeling a nagging thought because I didn't get to exercise, something that is a priority for me and one the things I do for myself.  My inner dialogue was churning because I didn't get my "list" checked through.


It wasn't healthy, and borderlined on obsession, so I paused to ask God about my discomfort.  Almost immediately, he comforted me with the reminder that I had accomplished all that He required for that day.  This was a fresh message to me, as I find myself in an unusually busy season that I didn't quite anticipate.

"Did I complete all that God asks of me?"

When I evaluated my day according to this standard, I felt peace come over me and realized my priorities had, in fact, been right that day.  When I filter my to-do list through the question of what God's list is for me, that's where I find true fulfillment.  Did I seek Him throughout my day?  Did I care for my family well?  Did I communicate love to my husband and others?  Did I work diligently? Did I do what I am able and let go of the rest?

When the answer to these things is yes, then I can rest in the knowledge that I've accomplished what He has for me - even when my own goals aren't completed.  This readjustment brings me freedom and peace and I hope is reminder to you, as well.  We can't do it all, but let's do all with intention.

No comments:

Post a Comment