Cutest Blog Layout

Sunday, August 21, 2011

Life Happens & Updates

Our life became very busy this month with the return to school schedules and a new childcare situation.  I no longer have the lunxury of a nanny/babysitter coming to our home, so it has been an adjustment for me to have all three children up, dressed and out the door by 7:15 am.  Our school began the first week of August, but one of my little ones has tears each morning, which breaks this mama's heart.  Any ideas?  Baby Boy seems to love going to the new sitter's house and is enjoying his new buddy of the same age.  Thank you, Lord, for that option right now.

Update on the Marital Home: I submitted all paperwork for refinance around the time of our vacation.  Everything seemed on target to close at the end of this month until the underwriter raised a red flad.  According to him, I needed an ammendment to our divorce decree.  The quitclaim deed or a personal contract with my former spouse was not enough to permit refi rather than selling the home, nor was it enough that he was willing to come to closing and sign the switch.  It is frustrating, but I had decided up front not to 'push' this through to make it happen.  So, I told former H that he would have to take care of it if he wanted and then I would continue to pursue refinance.  If he chose not to, we would have to list the house.   I guess I'm still in limbo until something happens.  Meanwhile, I'm trying to lock on these low, low rates.

Last week was an especially busy one for us, so I committed to getting in bed early, managing the household chores and keeping things smooth and calm for the children.  We all did well and I'm hoping this week goes even better.  Activities are firing up so our calendar is full.  How is everyone else doing?

3 comments:

  1. Aww, I hope the tears stop soon! First, make sure there's nothing bad going on (bullying, etc.). Do they seem anxious about something in particular, or is it just separation anxiety. Second, re-evaluate your evening and morning routine. Is he/she (you didn't say) getting enough sleep? Could you maybe get him/her up first and spend a little one-on-one time with them quietly before waking up the other two? Or at night? I know it's tough, but even if it's just 5 minutes, it might help.

    ReplyDelete
  2. For the little one tearing up over school...pack a little photo of the two of you in their lunchbox or to place in their desk/cubby at school. Put a lipstick kiss on the back and tell them that every time they are sad or a little homesick for you to place that kiss on their cheek. Just a little love-to-go. Praying for you with all the refinance issues!!

    ReplyDelete