Cutest Blog Layout

Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Step Outside

I live at the top of a hill and I often enjoy a breeze which is more noticeable than further down the block.  During the summer, I love to step outside after the children are in bed and take a deep breath.  When I am feeling down, discouraged or just tempted to feel sorry for myself, stepping out of the situation for perspective can give me the same sense of fresh air.

The Lord knows my inner temperature gauge, knows when the thermostat is rising and I'm about to blow.  I've been amazed to witness how he supplies, rescues and provides for every need and so many wants.  That history helps me deal with whatever current instability I'm facing.  He knows where I am and where I need to be.

Often the best thing for my self-centered ways is to step out of myself and into the path of others.  It's really not all about me.  Even meeting a friend and vowing not to talk about myself or my situation provides space to hear another's journey.  How do you step out of your circumstances and into the terrain of others?

2 comments:

  1. I think you hit the nail on the head when you said not talking about yourself and listening to others. I've been doing more of that lately and it gives other people an opportunity to open up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I so enjoy reading your blog every day. It has given me such solace in the last couple of days. I have been having a big "pity party" for myself for a long time now. I am trying to be there for others and pray for others, not just for myself. It really does help to step outside of your house because sometimes mine can feel so isolating, then you step outside and can think about something new.

    ReplyDelete