Cutest Blog Layout

Thursday, April 17, 2014

Throw Back Thursday Story

I have always loved photographs and still enjoy looking back at so many.  So it's no surprise that I enjoy TBT!  Today, I posted these two photos of sisters at Easter.

The first is my mother and her sister, around 1954.  Their own mother had passed away and their Daddy was the pastor of small church in Missouri.  Some kind woman took it upon herself to outfit the girls for Easter Sunday.  My mother says she still remembers how fun it felt to be all "done up" - it was an unusual treat for two girls with a widower father.


The next is my own sister and me around 1985.  I'm grateful my mother was very present in our lives and kept the tradition going with fancy dresses, hats and gloves for Easter Sunday.




Is fashion part of your Easter tradition?

I'm linking up with The Mom Creative:
Throwback Thursday Stories

No comments:

Post a Comment