Of course I deal with the normal aging issues: my knees crackle and ache, heels are no longer and all-day option, yet I'm healthy and strong. My waist is thicker and my skin less youthful, but I smile more than ever. I am comfortable in my own skin. I enjoy deep, quality relationships that involve give and take.
I know myself better than ever, and I know what I need, what I like and what doesn't work for me. Plus, I'm not afraid to speak up about those things. I am happier and more content in my life than ever, I think. I don't say that to gloat or rub-it-in-your face or one-up anyone. I'm just truly happy, and recognizing it amplifies the feeling. Here is what I note about myself this year:
- I am confident in God's over-arching care of me, no longer
- I'm loved and respected by a true partner in life. I fully trust Mr. Wonderful and knows he desires the best for me and my children.
- I get to be the primary parent to three fabulous children. I have a role in the lives of two step daughters that we continue to work out and define. I am confident of my place in these lives.
- Every physical need is supplied and so many of my wishes, too. We are healthy and I am aware this is a gift that we may not always enjoy.
- My extended family is far away and that sometimes makes me sad. Yet I recognize that we have wonderful relationships and history. I know not everyone enjoys close relationships and I'm so grateful that we all make the effort to remain connected.
- My best friends are also far away in location, but close in heart and are seriously the highest quality women that I know! We have adapted to our cross-country friendships and manage to remain involved and active in each others' lives.
- The stress levels in my daily life are fairly low. This is an ENORMOUS gift!
- All but one of my children can do their laundry from washer, to dryer, to folded and put away. This is seriously one of the best gifts of the year!