Cutest Blog Layout

Friday, May 4, 2018

I'm Still Here and Living the Life

I commented to Mr. Wonderful last night that I hadn't written in quite a while.  It makes me a bit sad and yet I have to admit that I don't even know why - very few people visit this blog any longer and my real world life is going well.

I would love to have greater interaction but for now, I'll simply let you know what's new in our family.



In the first part of the year, five of our four children have a birthday.  I've really sensed the shift of seasons as they grow, mature and face new challenges.  I love who each one is becoming!  We celebrate a couple more birthdays this May.  Parenting has also sent me back to talk with a therapist this year, and I'm so glad for the objective input.


With the family-seasonal-shift, the older step daughter is graduating college!  We all a bit shell-shocked and no one yet knows what the next steps will be...but we are celebrating the amazing woman she is!  Watch out world - here she comes!


Stepmom Score! I was able to attend Mother-Daughter weekend for the younger of my step daughters.  Her mother had a prior commitment and I was thrilled step in.  Never let being asked second steal your joy or your fun!

Mr. Wonderful and I are grateful for our jobs and the income they provide.  First world living is expensive!  So, worklife consumes a huge part of our lives and it isn't always fun. We try to do our best and be thankful for jobs that provide for our family.  My job has been the most consistent part of my life for these past thirteen years - who would have thought?

My firstborn is finishing middle school.  I'm so proud of his growth through this notoriously awkward season.  It's seriously mind-spinning to witness the changes.  Our other middle schooler is still in the awkward mess, but we are confident she will emerge with grace and grit.  We still get one more year of elementary bliss with our little guy.  It's a good season of family life.


Our home is our sanctuary, with all it's quirks.  It's about to become filled, once again with returning college students and summer break activities.  What is going on in your family life?  Summer is coming, do things change for you?


No comments:

Post a Comment