Cutest Blog Layout

Monday, February 6, 2012

Moody Monday

As you can imagine, this weekend was quite full of emotion and I was grateful to have my mother in town to listen, remind me of so many truths and just commisserate with me from time to time.  We laughed a bit because there was a time when I was so shut down to my emotions, that no one would have known I was hurting inside, even my own mother. Now I can function at work or the ballgame, and still be authentic enough to those I trust to let them see my feelings.  I can be real even with myself.  It's growth for me. 

This Monday I'm feeling more in control of my emotions, though still tender.  I've got a lot to keep me busy at work and home and then I have an unusual weekend free from childcare duties.  I'll make some plans with friends and enjoy the downtime. 

It's Monday, but after the onslaught of emotions I felt this weekend, I don't feel particularly moody today.