Cutest Blog Layout

Monday, December 24, 2012

Moody Monday - Christmas Eve

Pinned Image
source
All is calm and quiet at my house this Christmas Eve.  My children have been visiting with their Daddy and won't be home until Christmas evening.  The weekend felt long and I was missing them terribly.  My children are too young to have their own phones and getting in touch with them can be challenging at times.  But today I'm excited with the anticipation of their arrival tomorrow evening.

There are three piles of trinkets and candle to fill three stockings.  We are blessed with many presents under our tree and food to feed us and more.  It is easy for me to get discouraged trying to create the 'perfect' holiday and failing.  A divided holiday highlights the disparity between what is and what should be.  But more than ever, I'm reminded that this is why we have Christmas in the first place...because we needed God to come to us


We can never get it right on our own, no matter how perfect the holiday cards appear.

May your Christmas hold surprising peace, joys which are are the dearest treasures and meaning that touches your heart.  When the gap between what is and what shoud be become clear, I pray we turn to Christ as the one who makes it alright.

1 comment:

  1. Felices Fiestas y Próspero Año Nuevo. Merry Christmas to you and your love ones from Madrid (Spain)

    ReplyDelete