Cutest Blog Layout

Sunday, September 10, 2017

Five Simple Pleasures I Enjoy Everyday (Almost)

Life is not easy or simple, but sometimes we do make pleasure too complicated.  My days are full, there are countless tasks that remain unfinished and many ways I could "improve" myself.  Yet, I've learned to find joy in focusing on simple pleasures each day that truly bring joy into my life.

With all the concerns of our world, weather, unrest, I needed to remember the little things that are still good everyday.  I have so much for which to be grateful in my privileged life.

1. Coffee - I like it mild and sweet, with cream.

2. Time outside - Nature is the antidote to so much screen time and noise in life.

3. Reading and Praying - Finding truth and identifying my true concerns grounds me in all the chaos.

4. Touch - one of the most healing parts of any day is when I take time to snuggle with my children, reach over to hold a hand or relax in the arms of Mr. Wonderful.



5. People - My mixed up, blended together
family is just more awesome than I could ever have imagined.  I love that even when we aren't together, we can call or text.  I love the memories and history that we share.  I love the connection and foundation we have as a group.  I'm thankful for my family of origin - parents who are still available and that I chat with often, a sister who is as close as can be.  I'm grateful for long term friends that enhance my life so much from daily laughs to deep spiritual wisdom.

Our world is so full of trouble.  Discouragement is real and the media shines a spotlight on the negative.  What do you have in your life today that is simple but brings true joy?


No comments:

Post a Comment