Cutest Blog Layout

Monday, August 20, 2012

Moody Monday

It was a cool and foggy morning today.  I'm still a bit shocked that we are entering another season!  The sun will soon burn away the fog and the temps will be warm, but it is a jolting reminder that time just keeps zooming by.

I had such a sweet Sunday in worship yesterday and I was very grateful for many things.  This was followed by a challenging parenting afternoon.  I realize that I've been lax in some areas and some bad habbits have creeped in ... undoing this feels like a daunting task, so I've been trying to prepare myself for the job.  This is when it's most hard to be the only parent in the home.  There is no back-up, no one to say, "You did the right thing," when an unpopular decision is made, no one to pass off the baton when I'm just weary. 

But, I'm ever aware that time is just a-passing-by and those behavior habits that I don't like will only become more entrenched if I don't work on them now.  So that's my goal.  I would like to be intentional and set some specific goals ... it helps me to remember the bigger picture when I feel lost in a mini-battle!

We add Awanas to our schedule this week!  What a fun and busy year this is going to be - I need to remember that on the days I feel overwhelmed.  Is anyone else ramping up to a new 'fall' schedule?

No comments:

Post a Comment