Cutest Blog Layout

Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Blending Tastes

Growing into a family of seven has required me to take meal planning much more seriously.  Let's face it, scrounging the pantry in order to feed three little ones can work in a pinch...but it's doubtful I'll find anything to serve my three littles, two teens and a hungry man.  So I have been brushing up on eating well and pulling out old recipes along with learning some new ones.  Each person that I serve nightly is picky in their own way so I try to provide some flexibility within our meal plans.  It's challenging! 

I'm also trying to learn some of Mr. Wonderful's favorite recipes from his past.  Yes, sometimes its annoying to know I'm learning something the First Mrs. Robinson prepared, but I usually try to update the details and make it my own.  My man loves his broccoli and this dish was one of his favorites growing up:

Eileens Broccoli Casserole
- Cooked Broccoli
- Mayo
- Cream of Mushroom Soup (I have also used Campbell's Cream of Chicken)
- 2 cups Shredded Cheddar
- Cubed Breadcrumbs with butter
- small onion, minced

Combine all ingredients except breadcrumbs and place into greased baking dish.  Top the casserole with cubed breadcrumbs that have been tossed in butter.  Bake at 350 for 35 minutes or until firm.



You can barely see the casserole in the middle of his plate last Thanksgiving.

Meal prep, like everything else in a remarriage is an ironic mix of old and new, past, present and future.  There is nothing simple about it, but there are so many rewards!  Where do you get ideas for meals? 




No comments:

Post a Comment