Cutest Blog Layout

Friday, January 6, 2017

Easing Into January

It is the season for yearly thoughts of looking forward and looking back.

I am grateful that we are able to slowly ramp back into our regular routine.  This continued week of a lax schedule reminds me of how much my children need unscheduled downtime.  I do believe this is more true for children who move between two homes.  There is added chaos and disruption to their lives and routines, so additional recovery and downtime is so helpful.  The extended winter break is a gift this year.

At one point, it was warm enough to be out with no jackets.
I've been back to my normal work schedule most of the week and the children have been home.  Mr. Wonderful has been in his home-office much of the week and my step daughters are home, too.  It's been a week of much-treasured togetherness.

Sometimes, the lack of routine, travel and extra-togetherness brings conflict, drama plus extra noise and hassle.  Thankfully, things have been different this year.  I've gotten to read and look over the aspirations I had for 2016.  New goals are rising in priority and lots of thinking about what is working and what is not.  I usually solidify my ambitions by the time my birthday rolls around in February.  There is always plenty of stopping and starting.

Mr. Wonderful received a new TV for Christmas - we are using it!
I hope that 2017 is already treating you well!  It's snowing just now and I foresee a weekend of additional togetherness and warm snuggles...and soup!  It's just that kind of day.

No comments:

Post a Comment