Cutest Blog Layout

Sunday, December 18, 2011

Decisions of Divorce: Update on the Marital Home

My home is officially for sale.  I have a realator contracted, an MLS # and three showings to date.  I'm not happy about it, but I'm fulfilling my obligation and trusting that God will provide us a place when this one sells.

The children are concerned, especially my sweet firstborn.  He is questioning whether he will have his own room and feels that it will not be our home if and when we move.  His concerns are valid.  I worry about those things, too.

It has taken me a long time to come to the place where I could take this step.  I made every attempt to refinance, but those efforts did not go through and I am unwilling to spend more money going down an uncertain road.  I'm trusting that for reasons unknown to me, God has blocked the path for me to purchase this house on my own.  I can think of several worst-case scenarios where I will be glad to not be burdened by
the debt.

Intellectually, I know this is the right, required action.  Our home is the final joint legal tie that I have with ex-H and it will be good to clear that connection.  Additionally, home in our region are on the market for an average of 26 months, so it is unlikely that anything would happen quickly.  Emotionally, I'm sad to have a "For Sale" sign in the yard.  It feels a bit defeating that I wasn't able to refinance and I do not have a plan for when the home sells. 

The unknown is the most unsettling.

7 comments:

  1. The unknown is always the worst. I imagine that you will eventually feel free, but it's okay not to feel like that just yet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I WISH YOU LUCK IN THE UP COMING YEAR!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you do find out it's a surprise

    ReplyDelete
  4. My friend is going through a similar situation and it's heartbreaking. However, sometimes moving on is the best thing. My friend has found that she's been able to leave some painful memories behind, along with the house.

    I'm sure you'll find the next phase in your life will be even better. Best wishes.

    ReplyDelete
  5. best of luck with everything, happy new year & congrats on getting a 'blogs of note' from Google. you are a lovely writer. xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I also had to sell my home many years ago. That was such a long a lonely road for me and I had two children at that time. We may not know what lays ahead for us but that is how it normally works. Its not at our understanding most time but of God's. Im sure everything will come together for you and your family. A new year will bring new challenges and new lessons. Have a blessed day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I stumbled across your blog today. My heart aches for you. I had to make the difficult desicion of letting my place go last year. I decided Short Sale was the best option. It was scary... the fear of the unknown is paralyzing. I don't know you, but I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers.

    "The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you."

    Hang in there. You were given this life because you are strong enough to endure it.

    ReplyDelete