Cutest Blog Layout

Monday, November 7, 2011

A Few Updates

I've been busier than usual with life and so blogging has fallen a bit by the wayside.  I do hope to catch up!  Some things I've mentioned before continue to be issues I deal with, so here is a brief update:

Decisions of Divorce - the marital home: I turned in all the paperwork, paid for the fees and the appraisal and was scheduled to close on refinancing the home into my name at the end of August.  There were some delays.  Then an ammendment was requested.  My former spouse did obtain an ammendment to our decree, but now the appraisal is no longer valid (90 days) and my credit situation is somewhat changed.  I'm waiting to hear back from the mortgage company, but I think this is a dead issue ... which means that I will need to list our home for sale.  Oh. my. word.

Relationship Status: At just the right moment, when I found myself in an emotional place where I admitted my desire to be with a man, I was introduced to one.  It's very interesting how the timing worked out and that first blind date has turned into a second, third and many more!  I think it is safe to say that I'm in a relationship now.  But trust me, I feel way too junior-high-ish to update that status on Facebook.  Anyone who knows me in real life knows where I stand and that's what matters.

Work Around the Little House: There are still lots of tasks to accomplish around our house.  The icemaker leaks and I've just disconnected the water line.  The sink leaks, so I have a bucket underneath.  The roof, siding and gutters are done and I was able to prep the yard/gardens for winter.  I still need to plant spring bulbs and spruce up the front porch.  It's hard to believe it will be time for holiday decorating soon!

The Big, Bad Mama: Things are bit better in the parenting department.  It has taken us a while to find our stride with the school schedule, two sets of homework, etc.  I have sought some outside behavioral counsel and put into effect along with more structured goals in school.  Things are far from perfect, but we are having more good days than bad and I feel like we are all on the same 'team.'

Still in the Single Moms Class: Even though this has never quite felt like the perfect fit, I'm still attending the single mothers class each Sunday.  I do find some comradarie, and the few who are dependable are there for a reason.  It's harder to be dedicated in this demographic and I want to be part of the solution and not the stereo-type.  Recently we've given money to provide a goat through Samaritan's Purse and have plans for a holiday party with just the mothers and children.  I've decided to stay throughout the year and then evaluate where we are next summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment