Cutest Blog Layout

Saturday, September 1, 2012

A Change in our Sunday Schedule

I shared last summer how I had decided to join the Single Moms Class.  More than a year later, I've decided not to go anymore.  Honestly, I have mixed feelings because I hate to disappoint anyone and I know the teacher genuinely cared for me and my children.  Still, I'm confident this is the right choice for me, and for the kiddos.  Here's why:
  1. There has been a change in the way our church organizes it's children's program and there is only one hour of children's programming. 
  2. I haven't bonded with any members of the class and I've had doubts about whether is is a good fit for a long time.  But I was determined to give it my best for a year. 
  3. We have joined Mr. Wonderful at his church as we explore more ways to integrate our lives.  Attending one service at our church frees us to join him and his family for a second worship time.
So, change continues to be the norm for us.  When I let go fo the false guilt, I feel really good about my decision.  I also found the article below interesting - especially noting that singleness is intended to make us more available for service, not to receive a catered program.

The Great Disappearing Singles Ministry

No comments:

Post a Comment